Terms and Conditions
Hours may vary by club.
Specialty departments vary by club. Visit SamsClub.com/clublocator or use the Sam's Club mobile app to find departments in a club near you.
Pharmacy Discount: Plus and business members save an additional 8% on name-brand prescriptions and 40% on generics not part of the $4/$10 generic prescription program, when paying out-of-pocket and not using prescription drug coverage. Savings based on the dispensing Sam’s Club Pharmacy’s regular retail cash price. Discounts do not apply to purchases submitted to any health benefit program, pharmacy benefit program, insurer or governmental health care program. Discount is non-transferable, may not be combined with other offers, and is available in-club only. Other restrictions may apply. See your local Sam’s Club Pharmacy for details.
Optical Discount - Rx Eyeglasses: Receive $40 off a regular-priced pair of eyeglasses (frames and lenses) with a purchase of a one-year supply of contact lenses. Valid eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions required. One-year supply is determined by manufacturer’s recommended wear schedule. Offer applies to prescription eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses. Professional eye exam not included. This offer does not apply to individuals using vision insurance of any kind, including Medicaid or Medicare, for all or part of their purchase. This offer is non-transferable and may not be combined with other offers except associate eyewear discount. Offer not available in Arkansas, Delaware, Oklahoma and Rhode Island, and is available in-club only.
Buy one pair of prescription eyeglasses (frames and lenses) at regular price and receive $40 off the purchase of a second pair of prescription eyeglasses. Valid prescription required. Offer applies to prescription eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses. Purchases must be made on same transaction. Professional eye exam not included. This offer does not apply to individuals using vision insurance of any kind, including Medicaid or Medicare, for all or part of their purchase. This offer is non-transferable, may not be combined with other offers except associate eyewear discount, and is available in-club only.
Instant Savings: All terms and conditions apply. Instant Savings items are subject to availability and valid dates. Select Instant Savings are available online. For Club Pickup purchases, Instant Savings can be redeemed at point of sale at the club with the primary membership card. State and local laws may require sales tax to be charged on the pre-discounted price of an item with an Instant Savings offer. To view your Instant Savings account, visit SamsClub.com/instantsavings or download the Sam’s Club mobile app. Member must have a registered email on SamsClub.com in order to access the Instant Savings account page online. Visit SamsClub.com/instantsavings for program details and terms and conditions. Instant Savings may take up to 24 hours to load to a membership account and are available in U.S. clubs with a U.S. membership, excluding Puerto Rico.
Tire and Battery Center: In order for Sam’s Club to provide repair, tires must meet RMA (Rubber Manufacturers Association) guidelines for repair.
200% Freshness Guarantee: Sam’s Club offers members a 200% guarantee for fresh products (i.e., meat, bakery and produce). We will refund double the member’s purchase price or refund the purchase price and replace the product. A 100% guarantee will be offered to all other customers.
Free Health Screenings: Membership not required. Screening types and quantities may vary by state and club. Limited quantities available. Screenings only available in clubs with a Pharmacy. Vision screening/testing is only available in clubs with an Optical Center, may vary by location and is subject to state laws. Vision screening/testing not available in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Nevada, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas or Virginia. Hearing screening/testing is only available in clubs with a Hearing Aid Center, may vary by location and is subject to state laws.
Sam's Club Credit: Subject to credit approval. In-club cash access on your account available at Sam’s Club-owned registers in Sam’s Club locations. Limit: Up to $100 per day in $20 increments for Sam’s Club® MasterCard® cardholders; up to $60 per day in $20 increments for Sam’s Club Credit cardholders. These Cash Advances will be treated like purchases on your credit account.
The Sam’s Club Cash Rewards program is a membership benefit exclusively for U.S. Sam’s Club Plus Members. The program allows Plus Members to accrue Cash Rewards on qualifying purchases at Sam’s Club. Earned Cash Rewards are loaded on to the membership account at the end of each membership year (12 –month period) and are then available for redemption as cash or credit.
How to Earn and Use Cash Rewards
Sam’s Plus Members earn $10 in Cash Rewards for every $500 in qualifying pre-tax purchases during a membership year with a maximum reward of $500 per 12-month period. Cash Rewards are loaded onto the Sam’s Plus Member account about two months before the end of the membership year (award date) and may be redeemed on purchases in clubs, on SamsClub.com, or for conversion to cash in the club. Returns for refund of qualified purchases are deducted from calculation. If a member earns $2,000 in Cash Rewards (Maximum Balance) and that amount remains on the membership account, Cash Rewards will stop accruing. A member must lower the amount below the Maximum Balance to accrue Cash Rewards again. Only qualifying purchases made by the primary, complimentary or company cardholder in a Sam’s Club facility located in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) or on SamsClub.com or SamsClub.com-hosted websites qualify for Cash Rewards. Business Membership Add-On cardholders do not qualify to earn Cash Rewards for themselves or their primary cardholder. Returns of qualifying purchases are deducted from accrual of Cash Rewards.
Maximum Balance of Cash Rewards
At any time a total of earned Cash Rewards reaches its Maximum Balance of $2,000, Cash Rewards will no longer accrue. A member must reduce the Maximum Balance of Cash Rewards (use for purchase or convert to cash) in order for Cash Reward accrual to begin again. There is no retroactive credit of Cash Rewards earned for purchases made during the time of Maximum Balance.
Only the primary or complimentary cardholders on a membership account may access and redeem the Cash Rewards loaded on the membership account. Purchases made from a Business Member’s ‘Company Card’ Membership card count towards the Member Company’s annual Cash Reward, but a Company cardholder will not have access to view or redeem Cash Rewards.
Cash Rewards are not earned for purchases of the following:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- External Websites- merchandise or services sold or provided on websites not hosted by Sam’s Club – even if accessed originally through SamsClub.com.
- Gift Cards, including third party Gift Cards
- Inventory belonging to third parties
- Lottery tickets
- Service contracts (example - mobile phone contracts)
- Pharmacy – prescriptions
- Photo Center
- Postage stamps
- Limited duration third party merchandise sales within clubs
- Offers and Services provided by third parties (examples – auto buying program, insurance, travel services, legal services, merchant credit card payment processing services, etc.)
- Services and Labor (examples – delivery, tire installation, etc)
- Taxes and fees (including sales tax, deposits, miscellaneous fees etc.)
- Service Plans
Cash Rewards cannot be earned where application of the program would be prohibited by law or regulation. Sam’s Club reserves the right to add, modify or delete qualifying restrictions on product categories or products from the above list without notice. Sam’s Club reserves the right to correct any errors it discovers resulting in changes to Cash Rewards.
After awarding Cash Rewards, any qualifying purchase balance (below or over $500) will be rolled over to the next membership year and accrue the following year. At the time of award, a member must be an active Sam’s Plus Member. If a Sam’s Plus Membership is terminated, cancelled, downgraded to a lower level of membership during the course of the membership year, or revoked by Sam’s Club accrual of Cash Rewards shall be forfeited. Sam’s Plus Memberships that are terminated, cancelled, or are downgraded to a lower level of membership,, but have already earned Cash Rewards awarded from a previous membership year, will have access to the earned Cash Rewards at the club locations. If a revoked membership has earned Cash Rewards from a previous membership year, that amount shall be mailed to the most recent membership address on file. The revoked member shall not be able to collect Cash Rewards in a Sam’s Club.
Sam’s Plus Members that cancel or do not renew will have approximately 1 year to cash any previously awarded Cash Rewards at U.S. Sam’s Club location. Sam's Club reserves the right to issue a Sam's Club/Walmart gift card for any outstanding Cash Rewards balance after 1 year. Outstanding Cash Rewards balances may be subject to state unclaimed property laws.
Cash Rewards are non-transferable and non-assignable. Sam’s Club reserves the right to require photo identification. This program will be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas. Terms and Conditions and the Cash Rewards Program shall be interpreted, construed, enforced and governed in all aspects in accordance with the exclusive jurisdiction and laws of Arkansas. Any suit, cause of action, or legal proceeding arising under or relating to the Cash Rewards Program, including these Terms and Conditions, shall be in the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts of Arkansas, situated in Benton County, Arkansas or the federal courts situated in the Western District of Arkansas.
Sam’s Club reserves the right to amend, cancel or temporarily suspend the Cash Rewards Program, in whole or in part, or change any of the Terms and Conditions at any time for any or no reason, including without limitation, in the event of fraud, abuse of Program privileges or violations of Terms and Conditions, as determined in Sam’s Club’s sole discretion without notice to the Member and which may result in the forfeiture of Cash Rewards not yet redeemed.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
How to Earn Cash Back with Your Sam’s Club® MasterCard® (“Program”)
As a Sam’s Club member, you will earn cash back rewards (“Cash Back”) on Eligible Purchases made using your Sam’s Club® MasterCard® account (“Card Account”) during each calendar year (January 1 - December 31) reward period (“Reward Period”). The amount of Cash Back earned is determined according to the Category Percentages (see below) for your Eligible Purchases.
The Program and the ability to receive Cash Back Checks (as described below) are only available to Sam’s Club members.
“Eligible Purchases” means net purchases (less credits, returns and adjustments) of goods and services made using the Card Account.
Category Percentages for Eligible Purchases
5% CASH BACK ON FUEL AT SAM’S CLUB AND GAS STATIONS
For each Reward Period, you will earn 5% Cash Back on your first $6,000 spent on Eligible Purchases of fuel at U.S. and Puerto Rico Sam’s Club and Walmart fuel stations, and at Gas Stations located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico (excluding fuel stations located at or that are part of warehouse clubs and certain supercenters and supermarkets). Thereafter you’ll earn 1% on these purchases for the remainder of that Reward Period.
“Gas Stations” are generally merchants identified by their MCC as “Service Stations” or “Automated Fuel Dispensers”. Gas Stations do not include merchants of aviation or other non- automotive fuels.
For a list of exclusions, please log into your account at www.samsclubs.com/credit or call the phone number on the back of your Card.
3% CASH BACK AT RESTAURANTS AND TRAVEL PURCHASES
You will earn 3% Cash Back on Eligible Purchases made at Restaurants located worldwide (excluding warehouse clubs other than Sam’s Club). Restaurants are generally identified by their MCC as restaurants, drinking places, fast food places, and caterers. You will earn 3% Cash Back on Eligible Purchases made at Travel merchants located worldwide (excluding warehouse clubs other than Sam’s Club). Travel merchants are generally merchants identified by their MCC in categories such as airlines, rental cars, hotels, passenger rail travel, bus lines, cruise lines, timeshares, travel agencies, travel sites and tour operators. For a list of exclusions, please log into your account at www.samsclubs.com/credit or call the phone number on the back of your Card.
1% CASH BACK ON OTHER ELIGIBLE PURCHASES
You will earn 1% Cash Back on all other Eligible Purchases.
The percentage rate of Cash Back rewards earned on an Eligible Purchase (the “Category Percentage”) is determined by the merchant category code (“MCC”) associated with the Eligible Purchase. An MCC is a four-digit classification code that is assigned to a merchant by the merchant’s payment card network or merchant processor based on the predominant business activity of the merchant. The merchant’s MCC will determine whether a particular Eligible Purchase qualifies for the higher Category Percentages earned for “Gas Stations”, “Restaurants” or “Travel” as described above. For example, a purchase of fuel made at the fuel station area of a grocery store may have an MCC identification as a type of Merchant other than a gas station, and would therefore not qualify for the Gas Station Category Percentage. Neither Sam’s Club nor GE Capital Retail Bank (“Bank”) assigns or has responsibility for the assignment of MCCs, or evaluates what MCC should be assigned to a particular merchant. Bank reserves the right to determine from time to time which MCCs qualify for particular Category Percentages.
For questions about the Category Percentage applicable to a particular purchase or merchant, please call the phone number on the back of your Card.
Eligible Purchases DO NOT include any of the following items:
- Fees or interest charges
- Cash advances
- Balance transfers
- Traveler’s checks
- Reloading or purchase of prepaid cards or any cash equivalents
- Other transactions or charges that are not for the purchase of goods or services
After each Eligible Purchase, you will accrue a potential Cash Back amount based on the applicable Category Percentages up to a maximum of $5,000 in Cash Back rewards per any Reward Period . Once you earn $5,000 in Cash Back rewards in a Reward Period, eligible purchases will not earn any more Cash Back rewards in such Reward Period.
Eligible Purchases on multiple Card Accounts for the same Sam’s Club member, including business and personal accounts, will be aggregated in determining the $5,000 maximum Cash Back per a Reward Period if such Card Accounts are owned by the same member or entity (as indicated by the same name or tax payer identification number), the Card Accounts have the same guarantor and/or have an owner or guarantor in common.
Issuance of Cash Back Checks
Cash Back earned during a Reward Period is paid out in the form of a check made out to Sam’s Club as the payee (“Cash Back Check”), that is distributed annually via U.S. Mail in your February Card Account statement of the following year. Unredeemed Cash Back Checks will expire 180 days from the check issue date.
Exclusions to Issuance of Cash Back Checks
No Cash Back Checks will be issued, and you will forfeit any Cash Back rewards otherwise earned for a Reward Period if any of the following occurs:
- Your Card Account is not in good standing (i.e. is delinquent with more than two payments past due) when Cash Back Checks are issued.
- The Cash Back amount earned is less than $5.00.
- You are no longer a Sam’s Club member(either by you or by Sam’s Club) as of the applicable issuance date for Cash Back Checks.
- Your Card Account is cancelled or closed on or before the issuance of the Cash Back Check.
No Cash Back Checks are issued on amounts less than $5; and amounts earned in a Reward Period, but for which no Cash Back Check is issued, will be forfeited and not roll over to a subsequent Reward Period.
Redeeming Cash Back Checks
You may only redeem your Cash Back Check at any U.S. or Puerto Rico Sam’s Club. Cardholders who are no longer Members of Sam’s Club after they receive their check may redeem their Cash Back Check by obtaining a one-day pass at Sam’s Club. You must present the Cash Back Check prior to its expiration in person at a Sam’s Club with proper government issued photo identification. You may not transfer the check to anyone else, and only the primary cardholder on the Card Account may redeem the Cash Back Check. You acknowledge that the Program is a promotional program as to which no consideration has been paid by you. You further acknowledge that no Cash Back reward is earned and no right, title, or interest in the Cash Back reward has been earned until all conditions precedent, including presentment of the Cash Back Check at a Sam’s Club location prior to the expiration date, are met. Nothing herein requires Sam’s Club to accept a Cash Back Check if the entire Rewards Program has been cancelled, terminated or suspended.
We have the right to add, modify or delete any benefit, service or feature of the Program at our sole discretion. Changes to the Program may include, among other things, modifying Eligible Purchases, Excluded Transactions, the Category Percentages and purchase categories; maximum Cash Back amounts, imposing additional restrictions or terminating the Program in its entirety. We reserve the right to remove any participant from the Program in the event of any fraud or abuse in connection with the Program.
Overview and Eligibility
- Participation in Instant Savings is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as the terms and conditions of the Sam’s Club Membership, and the SamsClub.com/terms and conditions, both of which are incorporated herein by reference.
- The Instant Savings are available to all cardholders at least 18 years of age and in current, active status.
- Instant Savings are available in U.S. and Puerto Rico Sam's Clubx but offers may differ. Instant Savings are subject to change, availability, location, valid dates and limits.
- The Instant Savings Plus Program is an exclusive benefit of the Sam’s Plus Membership and is only available to primary and household plus cardholders. Only current plus members are able to access, view and redeem Instant Savings Plus.
- Instant Savings are limited-time promotional discounts that are electronically loaded on a member's card and automatically applied at the time of purchase of the item.
- Members must be in a current, active status to receive and redeem Sam’s Instant Savings. Active members can access and view their Instant Savings via SamsClub.com, and the Sam’s Club mobile application.
- See an associate at the Member Service Desk in club for details on featured Instant Saving. Instant Savings may take up to 24 hours to load to the membership account and are subject to varied valid dates.
- Enrollment is automatic for Sam’s Club Members.Instant Savings offers differ in the U.S. and in Puerto Rico. Active U.S. (excluding Puerto Rico) members can access and view their Instant Savings via SamsClub.com, and the Sam’s Club mobile application. Instant Savings offers are not available in Mexico or for Mexican memberships.
- To make a request opt out of the Instant Savings Program, the member will need to contact the in-Club Member Services Desk. Opting out of the Instant Savings Program will prevent the member from receiving any future Instant Savings alerts, communications, or offers. Existing Instant Savings offers, already loaded to the member’s account, will remain until their expiration date.
- The Sam’s Club Membership has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If at any time a member is not satisfied with their membership, Sam’s Club will refund the entire membership fee.
- Enrollment is automatic for Sam’s Plus Members. To upgrade your membership to plus membership, please visit the Service Desk in your local Sam’s Club or visit SamsClub.com
Instant Savings Offers
- Instant Savings may be subject to individual terms and conditions, including limitations on the number of items that may be purchased and the number of times the offer can be redeemed. These terms and conditions will be listed in conjunction with each item on your account summary shown on SamsClub.com and the Sam’s Club mobile application.
- Each Instant Savings offer will include an available date and an expiration date. These dates will be listed in conjunction with each item on the member's account summary on the website, and mobile application. An offer cannot be redeemed before its designated available date or after its designated expiration date.
- To redeem an Instant Savings offer, member must purchase the promotion item(s). The discount will be automatically applied to the transaction receipt when the item is scanned at the register.
- When an Instant Savings offer is redeemed, it will be removed from the member's account and will no longer be available for redemption. If a transaction for an item is voided, the associated Instant Savings offer is permanently voided and will not be reinstated to the member's account.
- Sam’s Club makes every effort to assign Instant Savings based upon products stocked in the preferred club of the membership account; however product availability is on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to item availability in club.
- There are no rain checks, credits or time extensions on Instant Savings for any reason (e.g., out-of-stock, item cancellation, or regional restrictions).
- Instant Savings are non-transferable and may only be redeemed for the product and item numbers designated in the promotion.
- Select Instant Savings are redeemable online at SamsClub.com. The individual Sam’s Club Instant Savings offer will note which items are available online for redemption. The Instant Savings discount will be applied at checkout. Once applied at checkout, approximately one hour from placing the order, the discount will be deducted from the member's available number of offers.
- In the case of Click 'n' Pull® purchases, Instant Savings can be redeemed at point of sale in the club with the primary or household card.
- If the Instant Savings amount exceeds the price of an item, the price of the item shall be zero and the member shall not be paid the difference in price.
Changes to the Program
- The most up-to-date version of the Instant Savings terms and conditions are posted on SamsClub.com.
- Sam’s Club reserves the right to end Instant Savings at any time. Notice of termination will be posted on the website. If the program is ended, an active membership account still will be able to redeem Instant Savings until the expiration dates listed in your account summary.
- Instant Savings terms and conditions may change without notice to the member. Sam’s Club may make changes to the Instant Savings and these terms and conditions from time to time. These changes may include how Instant Savings are calculated, the frequency with which Instant Savings are made available, the terms associated with each Instant Savings offer, the number of Instant Savings loaded in the course of a year, etc. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on the website. Members are encouraged to check the site often.
- A member's continued participation in Instant Savings constitutes acceptance of any changes to these terms and conditions.
The following Instant Savings information can be viewed on one or all of the following: SamsClub.com or Sam’s Club mobile application:
- Current and upcoming Instant Savings offers
- Number and dollar amount of Instant Savings currently available
- Number and dollar amount of Instant Savings redeemed over the last 12 months
- Plus-member exclusive Instant Savings offers
- Instant Savings Plus offers can also be viewed on the in-club kiosk, where available.
- If an item is returned for a refund and that product had an Instant Savings associated with it, the return will be subject to the Sam’s Club Refund Policy, except that the member will only be credited the net amount of the purchase (retail price minus the Instant Savings amount). Please Note: Notwithstanding the terms of the Sam’s Club Refund Policy, all Instant Savings refunds require the sales receipt.
- All items, services, prices and Instant Savings offers communicated via SamsClub.com, at any in-club Instant Savings kiosk, on the Sam’s Club mobile application, in any digital or printed materials, by a Sam’s Club associate, or via any other means are subject to change without notice and are subject to conditions, restrictions, limitations, availability and qualifications as dictated by Sam’s Club.
- Sam’s Club does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Instant Savings offers, discounts item numbers or item information contained on the website, at any in-club Instant Savings kiosk, on the Sam’s Club mobile application, or in any printed materials.
- Sam’s Club makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, or changes in the content of the website, any in-club Instant Savings kiosk, Sam’s Club mobile application or any printed materials.
- Sam’s Club reserves the right to discontinue the participation privileges of any member who engages in any fraudulent activity or uses the program in a manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions or any federal or state laws.
- Discontinued participation privileges may result in the loss of all accumulated Instant Savings and benefits and may result in revocation of membership from Sam’s Club.
- To view the My Instant Savings Account page, visit SamsClub.com/instantsavings or use the Sam’s Club mobile application. Member must be a current, active member and have a registered email on SamsClub.com in order to access the Instant Savings account page online.